ACDSee Slide Show Options
- Once you've organized your images in the order you want to display them, you can use the Slide Show button, to automatically cycle through them.
- When you first use slide show, you need to configure it:
- The first tab specifies file selection ... you can either cycle through the selected images, all media (images) in the selected folder, or even all images in this folder and all subfolders. I usually choose all images in the folder options and the check the Always use this option box to avoid this dialog until I explicitly choose to Configure Slide Show options again.
- The next tab (Basic) specifies transitions and how long to display each images before automatically going on to the next:
Choose the transitions you like ... you can preview each by selecting one at a time. You can also choose to use NO transitions. Choose a delay you like, try 3 or 5 seconds for a start.
- On the Advanced tab:
you might also want to choose Play embedded audio and maybe turn off repeat.
- The Text tab allows you to also display things like the Filename, or in this case a caption:
I like to use a font like Arial Black and a size of 12 to 16 points, depending on your screen resolution
- What you want to display is specified by clicking on the Insert Metadata Tag button.
- If you want to display captions you have to specify them by clicking on each image and filling in the Caption under the Database tab of the Properties window:
- Once you setup your slide shows, it only takes a click or two to run them.
Back to ACDSee Tips Index